Invisalign is a perfect choice for patients who want straighter teeth but aren’t willing to endure months or years in metal braces to get there. Invisalign represents a revolutionary orthodontic system; one that is highly effective yet realizes the patient’s need for convenience and discretion.
Today, nearly half of orthodontic patients are adults. Whether you are a salesman or a soccer mom, the aesthetic consequence of wearing metal braces is a concern. Now adult patients can get the straight smile they’ve always wanted in a way that fits their lifestyle.
- What Is Invisalign?
- Invisalign uses a series of clear custom aligners that are changed out every 2 weeks until your final smile results are achieved. Each set of aligners is titrated to gently move your teeth into better position. Most patients can expect a total average treatment time of 3 to 18 months.
- Who Is Invisalign For?
- Invisalign can treat a number of orthodontic issues, including overbites, underbites, crowding and gapped teeth. Your dentist can evaluate your personal candidacy for Invisalign.
- What Are the Benefits?
- Straighter teeth provide valuable reward, both in terms of cosmetics and your dental health. However, the lifestyle advantages of Invisalign are what foster its high patient reviews. Here is a breakdown of why Invisalign is so commonly chosen over metal braces:
- Discretion: The clear aligners are custom made to fit your teeth and are nearly invisible to others. This means you can carry on your day with confidence!
- Convenience: A highlighted benefit of Invisalign is that the aligners are removable for eating, drinking and brushing. Therefore, you won’t have to avoid certain foods like you would in braces, and you can keep your teeth cleaner while undergoing orthodontic correction.
- Comfort: With Invisalign, you won’t have to make frequent office visits for painful adjustments or tightening. There are no metal wires or brackets involved. Instead, the aligners are made of comfortable plastic that don’t’ irritate your gums or cheeks.
To learn more about why Invisalign may be your answer to a more attractive smile, contact Avalon Dental Group. We love helping patients take advantage of the latest advancements in modern dentistry.