Stinky-smelling breath – this is the last thing that you want to experience. Bad breath is an undesirable condition that doesn’t just deteriorate a person’s oral health but their wellness too! Sadly, many people not only in the U.S are affected by the said oral problem despite it being a preventable issue. So before bad breath hits you, learn from these tips below.
Oral Hygiene Tricks
Good dental hygiene practices are your best weapon against bad breath. But the question is, are you cleaning your teeth right? Here are the essential things that you need to keep in mind when performing your oral care routine:
- It’s in the toothbrush
- First of all, start by investing in a good toothbrush. If its bristles are not made from soft materials, then we suggest not buying it. A Hard-bristled toothbrush is not helpful to the gums as well as the enamel of the teeth.
- Ditch the old, welcome the new
- Change your toothbrush regularly. The recommended period that you can use your brushing tool is three to four months. Longer than that is not good anymore. Your toothbrush can be home to bacteria so changing it on time lessens your risk of gathering more unwanted microorganisms that can cause your breath to stink.
- Believe in the magic of flossing
- Flossing can do magic to your teeth, gums, and breath. Since plaque is your breath’s number one enemy, you’d better eliminate them from your mouth. It doesn’t matter what type of floss you use as long as you do it daily using the right techniques.
- Clean everything – just do it!
- Lastly, include your tongue when cleaning. You may not see it, but the tongue is where multitudinous bacteria commonly reside. Find a tool that you are most comfortable with. For instance, if you are okay with a tongue scraper, then go for it. But if you think a toothbrush is more convenient to use, you can consider it as well.
- Other fresh breath hacks
- Fill yourself with plenty of water
- See the dentist for professional cleanings
- Avoid anything that can dry your mouth (coffee, tea, alcohol)
- Munch crunchy or fiber-rich veggies
- Mouthrinse with a non-alcoholic mouthwash
When All Else Fail, Talk To Us!
Maybe you’ve done everything to safeguard yourself against bad breath, but nothing still works. Don’t lose hope. We at Avalon Dental Group got a solution for you. We offer Halitosis Treatment in our dental clinic. Usually, this is provided depending on the cause of the patient’s oral malodor. If it is due to gum disease, our practice may recommend deep cleaning to solve the issue.
Kiss bad breath goodbye! Our halitosis treatment in Sugar Land, TX is your help. Book an appointment with us at Avalon Dental Group now.